Outdoor and patio furniture is more than just a few chairs and tables thrown together on your patio or lawn. It represents an extension of your indoor living room, a space to breathe fresh air, and an avenue for creating memorable moments. Whether you’re considering patio dining sets, bistro sets, or outdoor bars, the right furniture can transform your outdoor patio into a haven of relaxation and entertainment.
Why should I add patio furniture to my outdoor space?
When you look out at your outdoor space, do you see an untapped potential? An expanse just waiting to be transformed? Here’s where patio furniture comes into play. But why should you consider adding patio furniture? Let’s dive into the compelling reasons.
Extension of Your Indoor Living Space
By adding patio furniture, you effectively extend your indoor living area to the outdoors. Your patio or garden becomes an additional living room, offering a refreshing change of scene without leaving the comforts of home.
Enhances Outdoor Aesthetics
Furniture, when chosen thoughtfully, can dramatically uplift the appearance of any space. Be it conversation sets, bistro sets, or outdoor bars, the right furniture can make your yard or patio look as carefully curated and stylish as your indoor spaces.
Perfect for Social Gatherings
Love hosting friends or family? With patio dining sets and comfortable seating, your outdoor space can become the preferred spot for BBQs, evening tea, or star-gazing sessions. The open space also allows for better social distancing if that’s a concern.
Increases Home Value
Well-furnished outdoor spaces are a significant plus when evaluating a home’s market value. Prospective buyers often visualize themselves in the outdoor space, and having it equipped with quality furniture can paint a picture of relaxation and luxury.
Personal Wellness and Relaxation
Imagine sipping your morning coffee while the gentle morning breeze caresses your face or reading a book in your outdoor living room with nature as your backdrop. These moments of tranquility can be therapeutic, offering a quick escape from the daily hustle.
Discover the Magic of Different Outdoor Furniture
If you’ve decided its time to give your outdoor space a facelift, you’ve come to the right place! Let’s explore some great pieces of outdoor furniture that will transform your patio area.
Treated Pine Grandpa Swing
A sight to behold and a joy to experience! The Treated Pine Grandpa Swing, available in both four and five-foot lengths, promises the kind of relaxation that we often yearn for after a tiring day. Especially when paired with the optional small A-frame, it provides a gentle swinging motion, perfect for reducing anxiety and adding peace to your evening. If you opt for the 5-foot swing, there’s also a sturdy Ruff Swing Frame to support it. It’s not just any swing; it’s the ideal place to rejuvenate!
Cedar Bench Arbor
For those who wish to bring a touch of romance and coziness to their gardens or backyards, the Cedar Bench Arbor stands out. It isn’t just about its stunning contoured bench design surrounded by shade-giving wooden slats, but it’s about the promise of longevity. Crafted with love by Amish craftsmen using aromatic red cedar, this piece of outdoor furniture not only repels insects but also resists rot. The rust-resistant, zinc-coated hardware only adds to its charm and durability.
In the world of patio sets and outdoor living, the Adirondack Glider is a classic. Dive deep into its comfort and enjoy the soothing glide. Enjoy your favorite book or watch the local wildlife curled up in this fantastic chair.
Nevaeh Table and Austin Chairs
Step up your patio dining experience with the Nevaeh Table and Austin Chairs. Designed for the grown-ups, it’s the perfect set for a sophisticated outdoor bar or poolside gathering. Made with durable poly lumber and powder-coated aluminum, this set isn’t just resistant to fading, cracking, and splintering but also mold-resistant and eco-friendly. The 25 vibrant color options let you choose the shade that best complements your outdoor decor.
Days End Mission Sofa
Turn your outdoor patio into an outdoor living room with the Days End Mission Sofa. With thick seat cushions, you’re guaranteed both comfort and style. The multiple fabric, stain, and paint color choices let you pair it effortlessly with other Days End pieces, ensuring a cohesive and elegant look.
How do I care for my outdoor furniture?
Choosing the right outdoor furniture is just the first step in creating a beautiful and comfortable outdoor living space. Ensuring that it remains in top condition for years to come requires a bit of effort and care. Different materials necessitate different maintenance techniques. Let’s explore how to care for three popular outdoor furniture materials: cedar, treated pine, and poly materials.
Cedar is a naturally resilient wood that can withstand the elements, but with some simple care, its lifespan can be extended, and its beauty can be preserved.
- Cleaning: Gently wash cedar furniture with a mixture of mild soap and water. Using a soft brush can help remove any dirt or debris that may have settled in the grain.
- Protection: While cedar has natural oils that repel insects and resist rot, consider applying a protective sealant or stain to guard against UV rays and moisture. This preserves the wood’s color and adds an extra layer of protection.
- Storage: If possible, during harsh winter months, store cedar furniture in a dry, cool place or use furniture covers to protect them from heavy snow and ice.
2. Treated Pine
Treated pine is known for its strength and durability. With proper care, treated pine furniture can last for many years.
- Cleaning: Use a soft cloth or sponge with a mixture of mild soap and water to clean the furniture. Avoid using harsh chemicals or pressure washers, which can strip the wood’s protective layer.
- Protection: Although treated pine is designed to resist decay and termites, it’s a good idea to reseal or repaint the furniture every couple of years to maintain its appearance and protect against moisture.
- Storage: Like cedar, if you live in a region with harsh winters, consider storing treated pine furniture indoors or covering it to shield it from severe weather.
3. Poly Materials
Poly material, often used in modern outdoor furniture, is known for its durability and resistance to fading, cracking, and splintering.
- Cleaning: Simply wipe down poly furniture with a mixture of warm water and a small amount of gentle soap. For tougher stains, a soft bristle brush can be effective. Avoid using abrasive cleaners, which can scratch the surface.
- Protection: Poly material is inherently UV resistant, but it’s a good idea to store or cover the furniture when not in use to keep it looking new. Though it’s resistant to most environmental challenges, reducing prolonged exposure can further its lifespan.
- Storage: Poly furniture is robust and can handle most weather conditions. However, storing it in a shaded area or using protective covers can reduce wear from extreme conditions.
And there you have it! Outdoor furniture has the power to transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary living areas. Whether you’re looking for a quiet corner to read or a lively outdoor bar for entertaining the right furniture can make all the difference. As we cherish our outdoor moments, let’s also remember to choose sustainable options, ensuring we leave a beautiful world for generations to come.
Looking to add patio furniture to your outside space?
You can view our beautiful selection of hand-crafted solid wood furniture by visiting Brandenberry Furniture. If you’re visiting Shipshewana, stop in at their ‘brick and mortar’ store.