Comments Off on Flat Screen TV Cabinet Buying Tips
Purchasing a flat-screen TV can be an overwhelming task. So let’s focus on things to consider when purchasing a flat-screen TV cabinet. We’ll call this Flat Screen TV Cabinet Buying Tips.
First, let’s zero in on what we mean by a flat-screen TV cabinet. It can mean a cabinet that:
- Sits in the corner of a room to store all of the components for a flat-panel TV mounted above your fireplace or on a wall.
- Sits directly underneath a wall-mounted flat-screen TV to house all the components.
- Sits below your TV, with your cable box, Blu-ray player or DVD player and other components stashed on its shelves.
- Has a high back extending above the cabinet top, where you can mount a flat-screen TV and then house the components in the cabinet below.
Flat Screen TV Cabinet Buying Tips
So here are some factors to consider before you purchase your flat-screen TV cabinet or stand:
- First, decide which of the above purposes your cabinet will serve.
- Next, determine the space you need for the entertainment equipment and accessories you currently own or will own in the future. Then, consider the size of your components. Also, factor in the space you’ll need for wires and so forth. Make sure you include space so the equipment won’t generate excessive heat.
- Decide whether you need an “open” shelf concept in the front or whether you’ll go for doors with speaker cloth or glass to conceal your equipment. Also, young children or pets in your home may impact your decision.
- Determine the available space in your entertainment or TV room. Measure the wall and floor space available (height, depth, and width). Remember to measure the overall TV size and the distance from the TV to your seating. Because both will have a direct impact on the actual cabinet size.
- Calculate the number of cord holes you’ll need on the back of the TV cabinet. You may consider an “open back” concept to make access to your components much easier.
- Determine whether the flat-screen TV cabinet will also need to store any discs (Blu-Ray, DVD, CD), VHS tapes or other media.
Shop Online or In Person
To see a huge selection of flat-screen TV cabinets, including wall units, entertainment centers, corner units, TV consoles and more, visit Brandenberry online. Or visit their ‘brick and mortar’ store in Shipshewana, Indiana.